IMPROMPTU: Avoiding panic and communicating with confidence, poise and clarity - off the cuff.
Public speaking doesn’t always involve standing in front of a large audience with Powerpoint slides and a prepared practiced script
Most of the speaking we do is unscripted, immediate and often a bit raw - whether it’s your boss asking for your opinion in a heated meeting, introducing a new hire or providing unprompted encouragement to your team.
A Sample of What You will Learn:
- Making an excellent first impression when being introduced in a group setting
- Proven mnenomic techniques for confidently speaking without notes
- Improvisation techniques used by actors to generate new ideas
- Staying in control of your message - the one thing you must avoid!
- Keeping your cool when responding to hard
- questions, emotionally sensitive situations or public criticism - tactics you need to know
- Overcoming nervousness and anxiety when speaking extemporaneously